Applications for 2022/23 Community grant round now open
Who we fund:
We fund small to medium sized, community-based organisations who do not have large inhouse marketing or fundraising resources and are providing direct social services to whanau/families and individuals. If the organisation received a Catalytic Community Grant in the previous year they will need to have completed an online accountability report
We invite organisations to apply from the following regions: Manawatu/Horowhenua, Whanganui, Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago and Southland. A separate grant application is required for each region and amounts granted are subject to funds available.
Applications are considered for:
Project costs, social services, purchases under $3,000 and operating expenses including: rent, utilities, salaries/wages. If your organisation has received a Catalytic Foundation (formerly United Way NZ) grant in the last three consecutive years you may not be eligible in 2022/2023.
- Early years support
- Youth development
- Food security
- Community services
- Maori and Pacifica communities
- Refugee, migrant and multi-cultural communities
- Skill development / financial literacy
- Charities services registered and/or incorporated society
- Have been in operation for a minimum of two years
- Confirmation of pre printed bank account
- Performance report for the previous financial year
- Meeting the highest priority community needs
- A high level of positive change through measured outcomes
- Encouraging a high level of volunteer involvement
- Promoting independence and self-sufficiency
We Do Not Fund:
Schools, core early childhood education programmes, government agencies, art organisations, sport organisations, animal charities, fixed assets or purchases over $3,000, capital projects, sports equipment, overseas travel, medical treatment or individuals, and health organisations (except in Otago).
Determining eligibility for funding:
Is at the discretion of our staff, regional volunteer ambassadors and the Catalytic Foundation Board of Trustees. If unsure whether your organisation qualifies, contact us before completing the application form.
- The Catalytic Foundation Community Grants are a donation and GST exclusive.
- Most Grants are between $2,000 and $10,000.
- Applicants will be advised by March 2023 if successful for funding.
Applications accepted from 5th - 24th October, 2022 (midnight).
For a preview of the type of questions asked Click here
This year, we have a new online grant system. To apply you will need to:
Go to this link https://catalytic.grantplatform.com/
- Register for a new account
Complete the grant application - please fill out one application per region
Thank you to the donors who contribute to our community fund
The Tindall Foundation who have chosen the Catalytic Foundation as their donation manager in: Manawatu/Horowhenua, Whanganui, Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago and Southland, for the last 22 years.
Otago Polytechnic - Charity House Project
Mercy Hospital - Community outreach in Dunedin
Individual donors, Trusts and Payday donors:
People around New Zealand who contribute a donation or a proportion of their pay to our regional funds, all collectively provide the donations for the Catalytic Foundation Community Grants.