Grant applications are open from 1 October to 31 October, 2021
We know frontline charities and not-for-profit organisations work hard to build healthy and resilient communities. That's why we are passionate about supporting their work.
Over 160 organisations and individuals have contributed financially to this year’s community grant fund. We would like to invite regional community charities which meet the criteria to apply in October.
• Early Years Support
• Youth Development
• Accommodation / Housing
• Community Services
• Refugee, Migrant and Cross-Cultural Communities
• Skill Development / Training / Financial Literacy
• Charities Services registered and/or Incorporated Society
• Have been in operation for a minimum of two years
• Pre-printed bank deposit slip
• Performance report for the previous financial year
• Meeting the highest priority community needs
• A high level of positive change through measured outcomes.
• Encouraging a high level of volunteer involvement
• Promoting independence and self-sufficiency
• If applicable, completed prior year reporting requirements
Who we fund:
We fund small to medium sized, community-based charities without large inhouse marketing or fundraising resources.
In this funding round we invite organisations to apply from the following regions: Manawatu, Whanganui, Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago and Southland. (A separate grant application is required for each region and amounts per region are subject to funds available).
Applications will be considered for project costs and operating expenses including: rent, utilities, salaries/wages.
We Do Not Fund:
Schools, core early childhood education programmes, Government agencies, art organisations, sport organisations, animal charities, fixed assets or purchases over $3,000, capital projects, sports equipment, overseas travel, medical treatment or individuals.
Online applications only will be accepted after 1 October 2021 and the closing date for applications is 31 October 2021. In March 2022 applicants will be advised of outcome and funding distributed.
Determining eligibility for funding is at the discretion of our regional volunteers and the Catalytic Foundation Board of Trustees. If unsure whether your organisation qualifies, contact us before completing the application form. We reserve the right to close off applications at any time prior to the posted deadline date if the number of qualified applicants from an area exceeds the resources available. For more information please contact our Grants Administrator via our Contact Us